Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curve Effect
Photo 
Hey Guys,

I'm struggling to insert the photo in the message board so I attached it instead. Does anyone know how to apply the curve effect to text?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That text has an italic effect on it. Probably more than standard italic, so use the Shear Tool to give it the italic look. Having done that, right click on the layer in the layers dialogue and do "Alpha to Selection". Then "Select > To Path" and finally "Select > None". You now have the text as a path.

Then use the Ofnuts Bend Path plug-in. Details here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-bend-path

Not sure of your experience level. Ask here again if having difficulties.
(02-05-2020, 07:00 AM)Blighty Wrote: That text has an italic effect on it. Probably more than standard italic, so use the Shear Tool to give it the italic look. Having done that, right click on the layer in the layers dialogue and do "Alpha to Selection". Then "Select > To Path" and finally "Select > None". You now have the text as a path.

Then use the Ofnuts Bend Path plug-in. Details here:
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-bend-path

Not sure of your experience level. Ask here again if having difficulties.

Done with the shear tool part. Having problems on the second part. I'm still a beginner even though I've been using GIMP for about 8 years. Also, having trouble trying to install the Ofnuts Bend Path plug-in.
(02-05-2020, 10:35 PM)oshayh Wrote: Also, having trouble trying to install the Ofnuts Bend Path plug-in.

Put the ofn-bend-path.py file in the plug-ins folder of your gimp profile.
2.10  C:\Users\(YourName)\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins
2.8    C:\Users\(YourName)\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins

The plug-in comes with a html help file. That explains how to use it. You will need to know how to use paths as you need to create an envelope path.
@oshayh

You sent me a private message, but your profile won't let me reply to the pm.

Can you post what you have here (and any further specs / requirements). I will have a look.