Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are 2.10 thumbnails?
Hello everybody,

I recently switched from 2.8 to 2.10 (Windows 8.1). Everything works just fine but :
  • In 2.8, all the thumbnails generated by GIMP were stored in C:/Users/MyName/.thumbnails/normal
I used to manually get rid of the many useless thumbnails from time to time.
  • But in 2.10.18, the thumbnails seem to be stored somewhere else, and I can't find where.
Can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance.
You can find the folder in the gimp menu : Edit / Preferences / Folders / Icon Themes. In windows 10 :

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\thumbnails
(03-20-2020, 05:08 PM)denzjos Wrote: You can find the folder in the gimp menu : Edit / Preferences / Folders / Icon Themes. In windows 10 :

Thanks for your answer.

I have found the folders you describe, but all the icons they are refering to are those of the Gimp GUI.
The icons I'm trying to locate are thumbnails of the images currently opened. They are displayed at the top of the main window. They are also displayed by the «Files/Recently open » command.
Do you have any idea where these are ?

(03-20-2020, 05:29 PM)Kevin Wrote: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\thumbnails

Thanks for your answer ! They are there !

My understanding is that for the folder « thumbnails » to show in the hierarchy, you first have to uncheck "Hide protected operating system files » (which I'm reluctant to do), in addition to checking the « Show hidden files » for the « Windows » folder.
So I searched for « thumbnails » in the « Windows » folder, and there they were.