Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SLOS-GIMPainter
The originators name for this is GIMPainter

When installed tool-presets etc show with the tag SLOS

A 4 minute demo, sub-titled in English of an installation Win10 / Gimp 2.10.20  to add to the SenlinOS video   

Hope it helps; direct link https://youtu.be/TWOg_pWJec0
Re: rich2005
Is there something wrong with the abbreviation before the hyphen of my project name?
A few days ago, a video author introduced my project in the same way.

But rich2005, you can use your way Smile

I posted this Forum-Post on twitter yesterday, and I believe many people can see it.
I think that is what you require. Back to previous version. I miss-read (a trumpism) your post.

Twitter? I don't do social media of any kind Wink
An old engineer gave me very good advice
Only believe 25% of what you hear and 50% of what you see People can be very devious

However, if that little video helps one person, then I will be happy.
(07-01-2020, 09:04 AM)rich2005 Wrote: An old engineer gave me very good advice
Only believe 25% of what you hear and 50% of what you see

Good one, added to my collection Smile
Late to the party, but I would just like to thank SenlinOS for this project!
SenlinOS, very impressive stuff. The presets and dynamics are pretty effective tools. I have yet to explore their full potential, although judging from the prelim uses it was apparent that the brushes and presets were above and beyond the last gimp painter set I had downloaded a few months ago. I'm super impressed!

(07-06-2020, 10:47 AM)mahvin Wrote: SenlinOS, very impressive stuff. The presets and dynamics are pretty effective tools. I have yet to explore their full potential, although judging from the prelim uses it was apparent that the brushes and presets were above and beyond the last gimp painter set I had downloaded a few months ago. I'm super impressed!

I agree 100%. These brushes are AWESOME. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the effort to delete them from the standard GIMP folders and reinstall following SenlinOS's system. Things seem to be working okay, at least as far as I've gone, which isn't very. But I have not put those three unfoldered files anywhere yet. That may be a reason for a redo?

Thank you SenlinOS!
I did a much slower installation demo than SenlinOS video.

In Windows rather than linux. Back on post #11

Might help.
(07-01-2020, 07:07 AM)rich2005 Wrote: The originators name for this is GIMPainter

When installed tool-presets etc show with the tag SLOS

A 4 minute demo, sub-titled in English of an installation Win10 / Gimp 2.10.20  to add to the SenlinOS video   

Hope it helps; direct link https://youtu.be/TWOg_pWJec0

WOW! Thanks Rich! Senlin did a great job of showing what the brushes can do. You give a little more info on how to install. Now that I see how simple it is to do it Senlin's way, I'm definitely going to redo so I have those loose files where they can be found. I also appreciate that you used the light background in contrast to Senlin's dark. I may make a few videos soon and the comparision is useful to me, so I'm glad I was able to view both.

I also appreciated what amounts to a heads-up on alternate ways to view the brush set. I find it easier to see which brush is selected with the list rather than the grid. But it is a mighty long list! I also noticed as I switched modes, that we can select a group of brushes based on function. Getting to a different function is a little tricky. Someone may have a simpler way, but this is what works for me:

1. Click the little down arrow at the top.
  2. Select a tool set, i.e. Paint. Now only "paint" brushes show in the grid.
  3. When you click the down arrow with a sub-set (paint) showing, other sets are greyed out.
  4. Click the tiny left-pointing arrow in the very top bar across from Tool Presets.
  5. Toggle in and out of another mode (i.e. grid to list or vice-versa).
  6. Repeat steps 1 and 2 to change sets.
Someday I'd like to have the option of creating a custom set of these brushes to keep just the ones I may use on a singe image.

BTW, what app are you using to record?
Quote:BTW, what app are you using to record?

Adobe Premiere - only joking Wink I use linux and ffmpeg from a bash script. Gives a lightly compresed file suitable for editing. For a Windows Demo, it is of a VirtualBox on the desktop.
Code:
ffmpeg -f x11grab -xerror -r 15 -s 1280x720 -i :0.0+144,144 -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1000k -q:v 5 -bt 256k -y `date +%s`.avi
Then editing in an old version of Avidemux. Any commentary recorded with Audacity and added to the video. Final export in a more compressed xvid avi format (although most seem to play mp4 easily these days).

I am no artist but I pulled out my 14 year old Wacom tablet and the presets work great.