Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaling images to fit into Instagram's 4x5 ratio
I would like to know how to resize my photos of my artwork so that their true shape (some are tall and narrow or long and narrow landscapes) fit into the Instagram 4x5 image ratio (I think that's what you call it) I would not mind if there would be white borders on the sides of my images. Without re-scaling my images, Instagram crops or reshapes them. Thank you for any info you can offer me.
(06-29-2020, 09:52 PM)lorie229 Wrote: I would like to know how to resize my photos of my artwork so that their true shape (some are tall and narrow or long and narrow landscapes) fit into the Instagram 4x5 image ratio (I think that's what you call it) I would not mind if there would be white borders on the sides of my images. Without re-scaling my images, Instagram crops or reshapes them. Thank you for any info you can offer me.

You can use the crop tool with the Allow Growing option set

Enable crop tool
Tick on Allow growing
Tick on Fixed Aspect ratio (drop down menu)
Set Fill with to BG colour
Set the ratio to 5:4 (or 4:5 does not matter, note the icons for portrait / landscape)
Draw in the crop area on the canvas, drag to resize and position, Hit the enter key
Now use Layer -> Layer to Image size

Quick demo: https://i.imgur.com/oI63sWT.mp4
(06-30-2020, 08:29 AM)!rich2005 Wrote:
(06-29-2020, 09:52 PM)lorie229 Wrote: I would like to know how to resize my photos of my artwork so that their true shape (some are tall and narrow or long and narrow landscapes) fit into the Instagram 4x5 image ratio (I think that's what you call it) I would not mind if there would be white borders on the sides of my images. Without re-scaling my images, Instagram crops or reshapes them. Thank you for any info you can offer me.

You can use the crop tool with the Allow Growing option set

Enable crop tool
Tick on Allow growing
Tick on Fixed Aspect ratio (drop down menu)
Set Fill with to BG colour
Set the ratio to 5:4 (or 4:5 does not matter, note the icons for portrait / landscape)
Draw in the crop area on the canvas, drag to resize and position, Hit the enter key
Now use Layer -> Layer to Image size

Quick demo: https://i.imgur.com/oI63sWT.mp4

Hi there, thank you so much for your help, I truly appreciate it! I followed your instructions and it worked! Take care.