Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What am I doing wrong with Merge Down?
Hi,
    I am adding two signatures from jpg into a pdf document (well no, I changed one of the jpgs to xcf, but this problem occurs with the 2nd sig added, no matter the format).
1. Open pdf as layers
2. open the signature file as layers
3. put the signature file onto the document
4. Select Darken only and position the signature
5. Select "merge down" for the signature layer
6. It saves fine into the PDF

BUT, when I do this for the 2nd signature, as soon as I do "merge down", the signature vanishes. I have a feeling this has something to do with layers getting in each other's way or something, but I have no idea how to fix.

I also put in two text fields near by with the date.  I did not need to use merge down or darken for those fields and they also worked with the single signature as well as the vanished signature. 

What am I doing wrong?

-Bob
Please attach a screenshot of your Layers list just before you do the 2nd Merge down? Also what happens if you change the order in which you add the signatures? Is the problem still with the 2nd signature or is it with a specific signature file?
(10-18-2020, 08:11 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Please attach a screenshot of your Layers list just before you do the 2nd Merge down? Also what happens if you change the order in which you add the signatures? Is the problem still with the 2nd signature or is it with a specific signature file?

Hi,
    Thank you for your help.  I was in the process of reconstructing this so that I could provide you with the information you wanted, however this time it worked perfectly. The only thing I did differently was that I imported as layers only the page of the document needing the signature files. It worked exactly as it should have, but I don't know why.

Thanks again!