Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp 2.10.22 bundled in Knoppix 9.x
Just downloaded the most recent public offering from Knoppix, version 9.1 And it has Gimp 2.10.22 bundled inside. (thought you might find of interest).

I suppose that I'll get used to the compound tools (see below: partial screenshot)  Is  there any provision to go back to the old default?

[Image: n5L1eEq.png]

All in Edit -> Preferences
Toolbox old style Tool Groups https://i.imgur.com/sH8dMrW.jpg
Old style sliders in the Interface section https://i.imgur.com/J0auoEt.jpg
Much appreciated! For whatever reason I expected the solution would have come about through selecting "legacy"  in the icon themes.
When that didn't work, I just suspected I was getting too old and geezerly to solve such  problems.   Smile

IMHO, instead of totally disabling groups, you should et them up to your liking. You can move things around in the interface to
  • create your own groups (f needed)
  • keep some tools isolated
  • reorder tools/groups
  • show some tools that are not shown by default
(03-13-2021, 05:09 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: IMHO, instead of totally disabling groups, you should et them up to your liking. You can move things around in the interface to
  • keep some tools isolated
  • reorder tools/groups
  • show some tools that are not shown by default

That's worth thinking about, I love to configure the workplace.

I may go back to the groups after a bit, looks like there are new tools,  the toolbox is getting pretty crowded.   I'll likely leave it ungrouped for awhile as I get used to it, then once I feel like I know what is what I'll likely bundle things back up.

The default groups weren't so much problematic, as I just tend to let the thumbnails serve as a reminder of what all functionality I have available. So, when I don't see something I tend to forget that it exists.

Thanks for the suggestions.

(03-13-2021, 05:09 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:

Just knowing the correct nomenclature that the clusters are "tool groups", has been a big help allowing me to search for a comfortable solution.

There  were some fairly significant changes between knoppix 8.6 and 9.1 as well,  so I may have been overwhelmed with novelty.  Smile

Thanks again for the help.