Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GMic Disappeared from GIMP 2.10.24 Flatpak Installation - Solved
Always the same

Code:
~$ flatpak install org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic
Usage:
 flatpak install [OPTION…] LOCATION/REMOTE [REF...] - Install applications or runtimes

Help Options:
 -h, --help              Show help options

Application Options:
 --user                  Work on user installations
 --system                Work on system-wide installations (default)
 --installation=NAME     Work on specific system-wide installation(s)
 --arch=ARCH             Arch to install for
 --no-pull               Don't pull, only install from local cache
 --no-deploy             Don't deploy, only download to local cache
 --no-related            Don't install related refs
 --no-deps               Don't verify/install runtime dependencies
 --no-static-deltas      Don't use static deltas
 --runtime               Look for runtime with the specified name
 --app                   Look for app with the specified name
 --bundle                Assume LOCATION is a .flatpak single-file bundle
 --from                  Assume LOCATION is a .flatpakref application description
 --gpg-file=FILE         Check bundle signatures with GPG key from FILE (- for stdin)
 --subpath=PATH          Only install this subpath
 -y, --assumeyes         Automatically answer yes for all questions
 --reinstall             Uninstall first if already installed
 -v, --verbose           Print debug information during command processing, -vv for more detail
 --ostree-verbose        Print OSTree debug information during command processing

error: REMOTE and REF must be specified
Not sure what to suggest other than updating at least flatpak but preferably update from Mint 19.3 to Mint 20.1 (this would automatically update flatpak to 1.6.5) If choosing the latter route see the instructions for doing this on the Linux Mint website.
(04-10-2021, 04:47 AM)Saanp Wrote: Always the same
I don't want to switch to Mint 20, so I will drop the gmic case, thanks for the help!
It may still be possible to update flatpak within Mint 19.3. Try typing the following in a terminal window:

"sudo apt install flatpak"

(04-10-2021, 02:12 PM)Saanp Wrote: I don't want to switch to Mint 20, so I will drop the gmic case, thanks for the help!
Doesn't works

Code:
flatpak is already the most recent version (1.0.9-0ubuntu0.2)
I finally found the solution.

I typed "flatpak install flathub org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic//2-40" and it worked, I found my gmic again.

Again, thanks for the help!
That's good and thanks for posting back. I was wondering why it wasn't working given that GMic must have been installed under flatpak in your system at some point.

(04-11-2021, 12:08 PM)Saanp Wrote: I finally found the solution.

I typed "flatpak install flathub org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic//2-40" and it worked, I found my gmic again.

Again, thanks for the help!
Has anyone got it to work in Debian 12 with the current "stable" flatpak of GIMP (2.10.36) ?

I tried

Code:
flatpak install flathub org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic

then chose the 2-40 version: G'MIC didn't show up in GIMP's Filters.
So I uninstalled it and tried the 2-3.36 version just in case: didn't work either. I uninstalled it and I tried :

Code:
flatpak install flathub org.gimp.GIMP.Plugin.GMic//2-40

(I don't see how this differs from the interactive choice)
Didn't work either.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling flatpak itself as someone on the pixls.us forum said it fixed it for him (I did an apt update beforehand of course): Still nothing.

I even tried uninstalling GIMP, keeping G'MIC installed, then reinstalling GIMP. Still nothing.

So I've tried every combination of simple commands in every order I can think of.

I hope there is a way.
I have a MXlinux 23.2 (VM) which is based on Debian 12 'bookworm' Both the flatpak Gimp 2.10.36 and the gimp_gmic_qt 3.3.3 install amd work so I suspect the problem lies somewhere in your older Debian 12 flatpak installations, who knows. For comparison, this is my flatpak listing.

I can see your deleted post and you have installed the plugin using sudo apt install gimp-gmic and it works, which is great. That implies you have a regular Gimp installed, version 2.10.34, no issue there except no python. What is not so great is the gmic version 2.9.4 considering latest is 3.3.3

If that is working, then it pulled in the necessary dependencies for gmic,  QT and others. 

The Debian 12 plugin from http://www.gmic.eu is

https://gmic.eu/files/linux/gmic_3.3.3_g..._amd64.zip 

Unzipped and into your Gimp user profile plug-ins folder, it should supercede that older plugin. Worth a try.
Thanks. I deleted that post because I made a mistake.

I didn't realize sudo apt install gimp-gmic would install GIMP in the process. So I opened the system GIMP thinking it was the flatpak and thought G'MIC worked. But when I realized my mistake I could see that the flatpak GIMP still didn't show G'MIC. So I apt removed gimp to get back to where I was.

I just tried flatpak update twice (once to install updates, once to remove deprecated versions of packages) in case anything was outdated. Still nothing.

Here's my output for flatpak list now. As you can see I have everything in the same version as you have in your list (+ other packages) :

Just to be sure: The "G'MIC Filter" menu item is still positioned at the bottom of the Filters menu, right?