Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
python-fu doesn't work, childprocess doesn't fit
Hello to all and greetings from germany,

4 years ago I was using a few python-fu skripts that worked fine on my computer. 3 days ago I wanna use them again and failed. 

Using gimp 2.8.16 on Win10 with 64biit. Using Python 2.7 und Python-Fu Console works fine.

When I started gimp from cmd-console with gimp-2.8.exe --verbose I've got  a mesage about the failing of my scripts.
Code:
clipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/tiff
clipboard: writable pixbuf format: image/jpeg
GIMP-Fehler: Unable to run plug-in "zuschneiden_HTML1_hinten.py"
(C:\Users\Michael\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\zuschneiden_HTML1_hinten.py)

Kindprozess konnte nicht ausgef³hrt werden (No such file or directory)

GIMP-Fehler: Unable to run plug-in "zuschneiden_HTML1.py"
(C:\Users\Michael\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\zuschneiden_HTML1.py)

GIMP-Fehler: Unable to run plug-in "karten_details1_beispiel.py"
(C:\Users\Michael\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\karten_details1_beispiel.py)

GIMP-Fehler: Unable to run plug-in "karten_details1.py"
(C:\Users\Michael\.gimp-2.8\plug-ins\karten_details1.py)

GIMP-Fehler means Gimp-Error and Kinprozess means Childprozess. Anyone with an idea what goes wrong.

Greetz,

Michael

using wrong words
Gimp keeps track of the plugins in the "pluginrc" file (which for you should be in  "C:\Users\Michael\.gimp-2.8\pluginrc". This is a plain text file and you can check the contents with a text editor.

Normally, on startup, Gimp checks the various "plugins" directories (those listed in Edit>Preferences>Folders>Plugins), and makes a list of all executables it finds there, with their last modification date. In parallel it re-reads the "pluginrc" file and makes a list of all the currently registered files, with their timestamps. Then it compares the lists:
  • Files in the directories that are already in "pluginrc" with the same timestamp are kept in pluginrc
  • Files in the directories that are already in "pluginrc" but with an older timestamp are re-registered
  • Files in the directories that are not in "pluginrc" are  registered
  • Files in pluginrc that are not found in the directories are silently dropped
Then the "pluginrc" file is saved.

All this means that if you get the message, Gimp is trying to execute a file that doesn't exist, but in that case it would have been removed from "pluginrc" by the startup registration process. The only explanation I have is that your pluginrc file is read-only and cannot be updated. A more exotic explanation is that there is a non-visible character somewhere (non-breaking space or such) that make the file name be handled differently by different pieces of the code.

So, are your plugins listed in pluginrc? Can you post your pluginrc file (Zip and add as attachment) or put it on some server (DropBox or else) and PM me the URL)?
Ofnuts, thanks a lot for your help.

In pluginrc I can't find anything about the scripts.

Edit:
Just get an info from a colleague who tested the scripts on his own pc, same result as me.

F*ck.

The problem is, four years are a long time, and I'm not sure anymore if I saved the correct files. But this scripts are very important to me, so I'm pretty sure to do it right. I saved them on google drive, could this influenced them??

Attached Files
.zip   pluginrc_gutschy.zip (Size: 43.04 KB / Downloads: 223)
Wink 
I've changed:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/env python2
to:
Code:
#! /usr/bin/env python
that's all!!!!!

Ofnuts, thanks for your help and good to know that you are still online.
Hmmm. That was a weird one. Makes me wonder why you get this message in Windows. On Linux it could complain that it doesn't find python2 but on Windows I don't think it cares much about this.
http://www.gimpforum.de/showthread.php?p...post158752

Here is the link of the parrallel thread. (yeah, I know, not the fine art).

"Nun heißt der bei GIMP 2.8.x mitgelieferte Python-Interpreter aber python[.exe] - eine 2 im Dateinamen hat man nur, wenn es die Notwendigkeit der Unterscheidung zu z.B. Python 3.x"
Means python.exe is not python2.exe, but I'm not understanding the details.