Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
show selection : dotline doesn't show up
Hi,
using MAC Big Sur 11.2.3. and GIMP 20.10.22 there is a problem with the selection view.
I can't activate the selection view. Neither works shortcut (⌘ T) nor helps selection via Menue.

Also strange: All shortcuts seem to be deactivated (see red bubbles), wich is not true however. Except selection view they work, I tried.
THere are no checks showing up in front of the selected item/function, even if they are on (see blue bubbles).

Is this a bug with the new Apple System? Do I miss out any presetting?
Thanks for helping in beforehand!

Maybe part of this is the bug report: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5952 and because it is now long and jumbled a quote from a month ago (at time of writing.)

Quote:The issue can be summed up as "Selection-outlines (a.k.a. marching-ants) are not being drawn in GIMP on MacOS 11".
Specifically:

This applies to all selection tools (area, fuzzy, etc) and modes (add, remove).
Toggling "Show selection" does not address this issue
We know a selection is happening because:

if you click on the "quick mask" button it will correctly mask any non-selected regions
copy'n'paste-as-new-image correctly copies the selected region of the source image.

but the actual mechanism/trick used to draw the selection-outline marching-ants for it no longer works on MacOS 11, and it is this mechanism/trick we need to replace.

You could add your issue to that post.

As far as I know the MacOS packager is still working on a fix.
(04-19-2021, 01:12 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Maybe part of this is the bug report: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5952 and because it is now long and jumbled a quote from a month ago (at time of writing.)

Quote:The issue can be summed up as "Selection-outlines (a.k.a. marching-ants) are not being drawn in GIMP on MacOS 11".
Specifically:

This applies to all selection tools (area, fuzzy, etc) and modes (add, remove).
Toggling "Show selection" does not address this issue
We know a selection is happening because:

if you click on the "quick mask" button it will correctly mask any non-selected regions
copy'n'paste-as-new-image correctly copies the selected region of the source image.

but the actual mechanism/trick used to draw the selection-outline marching-ants for it no longer works on MacOS 11, and it is this mechanism/trick we need to replace.

You could add your issue to that post.

As far as I know the MacOS packager is still working on a fix.
Thank you very much, that helps a lot, so we know, we didnt do any wrong;-) Keen waiting on the fixing, best wishes!