Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
automate steps in gimp 2.10
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to automate some repetitive tasks in GIMP 2.10.x ?

e.g. I have several photos and I always to the same few tasks in the same order in purpose to remove the background and I would like to know if there is a way to script all those tasks or a recorder for this thing ?

i.e.
- turn image to greyscale
- change levels
- copy a mask from obtained photo in BW
- create mask layer from previous step
- get person/object only while background is transparent
- save/export result in png file.

something like that :-)

thx
Youtube Ice Hockey & Fitness : https:// nothing to do with Gimp or Gimp Graphics
(04-30-2021, 07:51 PM)alain.roger Wrote: Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to automate some repetitive tasks in GIMP 2.10.x ?

e.g. I have several photos and I always to the same few tasks in the same order in purpose to remove the background and I would like to know if there is a way to script all those tasks or a recorder for this thing ?

i.e.
- change levels

thx
  • Is "grayscale" true grayscale mode or is it just RGB where R=G=B? And how to you map color to gray? Value? Brightness?
  • Change levels how? Does it deped on th epicture or is it always the same thing?
  • How are the next two steps different from Layer ➤ Mask ➤ Add layer mask with Initialize mask from grayscale copy of layer?
  • Get person/object only while background is transparent: Without any manual intervention? Even if that person wears white?
(04-30-2021, 10:30 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(04-30-2021, 07:51 PM)alain.roger Wrote: Hello,

i.e.
- change levels

thx
  • Is "grayscale" true grayscale mode or is it just RGB where R=G=B? And how to you map color to gray? Value? Brightness?
  • Change levels how? Does it deped on th epicture or is it always the same thing?
  • How are the next two steps different from Layer ➤ Mask ➤ Add layer mask with Initialize mask from grayscale copy of layer?
  • Get person/object only while background is transparent: Without any manual intervention? Even if that person wears white?

1. Grayscale is a real grayscale as I will use a B?W mask later on to make a layer mask
2. Basically as they are photos for the same purpose, my son always use a strong contrasted clothes, you levels are almost the same. In fact from a level value, the result is clearly enough  to turn it into a mask B/W
3. basically result of point 2 is used as B/W layer mask
4. As I wrote it before, there is a big contrast between clothes and background. I use pro light also to increase the contrast and to avoid any shadows, therefore mask should be enough to make it transparent