Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cant open RAW via RawTherapee
I have Gimp 2.10.24 on Ubuntu 21.04
I have set Gimp as the external editor in RawTherapee 5.8 (RT)

When I click the External Edit button in RT, Gimp launches but an error appears "Opening '/tmp/DSC06216.tif' failed: Error opening file /tmp/DSC06216.tif: No such file or directory"

I checked /tmp dir & tif files are generated & user has permission to read/write those files.

I tried setting Gimp prefs for Raw import as Placeholder & RawTherapee, but the result is the same.
I also installed darktable, but no option for import shows up for that in Gimp.
Quote:I have Gimp 2.10.24 on Ubuntu 21.04

What sort of installation is Gimp ?
- from repository
- from PPA
- as a flatpak install
- as a snap install
or something else ?

flatpak and snap installations are sandboxed which can cause problems.
(07-13-2021, 01:36 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:I have Gimp 2.10.24 on Ubuntu 21.04

What sort of installation is Gimp ?

Thanks for your reply.
It is from Ubuntu Software app, so I assume it will be Snap. I'm not entirely sure of the difference or how to tell, (i'm quite new!)
I'd be happy to remove it & install another method, what do you recommend?
(07-13-2021, 01:55 PM)riquez Wrote: It is from Ubuntu Software app, so I assume it will be Snap. I'm not entirely sure of the difference or how to tell, (i'm quite new!)
I'd be happy to remove it & install another method, what do you recommend?

You can usually see if you have a snap or a flatpak installed from the paths set in Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> resource-name

You can get a Gimp 2.10.24 for 'buntu 21.04 (hirsute) from a PPA see: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntuhandbook1/+...buntu/gimp

If you want python support you will need to add it manually.

That will co-exist with a flatpak or snap if you want. It uses the regular ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/ Gimp user profile folder structure.

It should work in the usual way - select file from Gimp -> Rawtherapee opens file -> Close Rawthreapee to send image back to Gimp.

I was going to suggest asking in pixls.us since that is where the RT dev hangs out, but I see you already have done that Wink
Thanks Rich, this is clear advice.
I can confirm it is Snap.

Ill try the PPA method in your link. Cheers!
(07-13-2021, 02:28 PM)rich2005 Wrote: You can get a Gimp 2.10.24 for 'buntu 21.04 (hirsute) from a PPA see: https://launchpad.net/~ubuntuhandbook1/+...buntu/gimp

Thanks, this worked perfectly. Images open from RT & Gimp launches much faster.