Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trouble with Gimp and Darktable
Hello,
I am new in this forum. I would like to work with Gimp and Darktable. My problem:
I installed Darktable 3.6.0 and then Gimp 2.10.24. When I start Gimp and try to open a raw file then Gimp reports (translation from german): "There is no raw loader installed to open "Canon-Raw" files.
Can you please help me? Thank you.
Berny
I can only try this in a Windows10 VM, not as reliable as a physical computer.

Darktable (DT) is not something I usually install, and the current version is darktable-3.6.0.1-win64.exe A minor revision. Is this the version you are using ?

Gimp 2.10.24 does see the installation. Do you see the entry in Edit -> Preferences -> Image Import & Export and have you chosen it ?

In use very temperamental. RT on its own will open my panasonic .rw2 files and a test cr2 but not a test cr3 and exports to a variety of formats including Gimp .xcf.

Using Gimp File -> Open to pass the file to RT only got this to work once, other attempts and RT crashed, leaving a Gimp message
Error opening file 'C:\Users\rich\AppData\Local\Temp\gimp\2.10\gimp-temp-27160.exr' for reading

Keep visiting in case a regular RT user has some advice
and
Ask the question on https://discuss.pixls.us/ where the RT developers answer queries.
(07-20-2021, 01:42 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Gimp 2.10.24 does see the installation. Do you see the entry in Edit -> Preferences -> Image Import & Export and have you chosen it ?the first line in blue (red arrow) is missing. How can I add it?
Quote:the first line in blue (red arrow) is missing. How can I add it?

I do not know. You can not add it, Gimp recognises the that Darktable is available and gives that option.

I see your pixls.us post that 3.6.1 is recommended - that might be the darktable-3.6.0.1-win64.exe that is the current release.
(07-20-2021, 04:05 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:the first line in blue (red arrow) is missing. How can I add it?

I do not know. You can not add it, Gimp recognises the that Darktable is available and gives that option.

I see your pixls.us post that 3.6.1 is recommended - that might be the darktable-3.6.0.1-win64.exe that is the current release.
I have de-installed and then re-installed Gimp. Now zhe blue line appears and all works fine!
Thenk you very much!
Berny