Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animation with only GIMP ! You're opinion please
(11-29-2021, 10:15 PM)Lynne Slater Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 02:42 PM)Scut-51 Wrote: I understand your answer...

I allow myself to put the link back because I had to re-upload the video to improve the quality ^^ '

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enc3p_aYuUc

The animation looks more fluid in this most recent post than in the previous posts.  You are getting some good wave action in the hair and overall the movement is more dynamic instead of having an even tempo.  Your compositions and ideas are interesting, but I find the movement a bit stiff.  Having more slow in and slow out of movement and more contrast of faster or slower movement would make the animation more lively.  I would also use poses that are less symmetrical, where characters have their weight shifted. Having very even timing can make the animation feel surreal, which seems to fit with your intention, but becomes a bit monotonous in longer pieces. 

I would like to know how you are doing animation in GIMP.  I am a GIMP newbie who has animated in Photoshop.  I don't see the video tab in the regular download of 2:10 and I don't know if there is a plug in for animation that works in the most recent GIMP.

Thank you so much for your response ! I try to progress and experiment with each episode indeed. But I still have a lot to learn in terms of animation and drawing, hence this feeling of stiffness, I imagine. Thank you for taking the time to develop an answer so constructed anyway!

As far as animation is concerned, you have on the Internet in GOOGLE the GAP plug-in which allows you to do great things in animation on GIMP. There are a lot of tutorials that explain step by step how to use this plug-in. If you want any referral links, don't hesitate to ask me.

-----------------------------

Otherwise, for those who are interested, I allow myself to publish :

Scut-51: "If you want any referral links, don't hesitate to ask me."

ME: Your animations are nice, I would be very interested in seeing the tutorials you mention, please post links!

Video 
Final episode, with Gimp only !

New anime project with GIMP ! Smile

The rest of my amateur cartoon made entirely under Gimp for those who are interested !
Thank for watches

Only with Gimp 2.8 ^^ and GAP

with Gimp and Gap ^^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxA2dNaUySY

With Gimp and Gap only ^^ i LOVE GIMP !!! Heart  GIMP ! GIMP ! GIMP !