Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Fu Layer Effects
I just upgraded to Gimp 2.8.22. Then I downloaded layerfx.2.8.py and copied it to my scripts folder. I shut down and restarted Gimp and did a refresh scripts but the layer effects scripts do not appear. 

Any ideas on how to resolve? This is my first attempt at using scripts and I'd like to get this working so I can try some others. Thanks so much for the help.

BTW, I'm running OS 10.12.6 - Sierra
1) Python scripts are technically plug-ins and so should go in you plugins folder
2) On OSX (and Linux) they have to made "executable" (chmod +x <file> in a terminal, or perhaps set using some "properties" dialog in the file explorer).
best guess (caveat, I do not use OSX )

1. It is a plug-in, needs to go in your plug-ins folder, probably

/Users/{your_id}/Library/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins
or possibly
/Users/{your_id}/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins
depending on the version of Gimp

2. It is a plug-in, needs to be made executable usually command line something like

Code:
sudo chmod +x 'path-to'/plug-ins/layerfx.2.8.py

although there are utilities that can assist maybe
http://www.lagentesoft.com/batchmod/
(09-05-2017, 07:24 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: 1) Python scripts are technically plug-ins and so should go in you plugins folder
2) On OSX (and Linux) they have to made "executable"  (chmod +x <file> in a terminal, or perhaps set using some "properties" dialog in the file explorer).

Thank you! Now all I have to do is figure out how to accomplish making it executable. I'm not that technical but I'll keep working on it.

(09-05-2017, 07:25 AM)rich2005 Wrote: best guess (caveat, I do not use OSX )

1. It is a plug-in, needs to go in your plug-ins folder, probably

/Users/{your_id}/Library/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins
or possibly
/Users/{your_id}/Library/Application Support/GIMP/2.8/plug-ins
depending on the version of Gimp

2. It is a plug-in, needs to be made executable usually command line something like

Code:
sudo chmod +x 'path-to'/plug-ins/layerfx.2.8.py

although there are utilities that can assist maybe
http://www.lagentesoft.com/batchmod/

Thank you for the path to the plug-ins directory. Not sure I would have found it. Now on to figuring out the rest. Really appreciate your help.