Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
attempt to Warp produces warning message
Hi

[I am using GIMP 2.10 on Windows 10]

I have used Warp successfully on many occasions but right now all I am getting is a warning message 
'GIMP warning no stroke events selected'

what does it mean. how do I use warp again ?

thanks,
Pete
Never seen that before. Can you give details of the Warp tool settings when that error occurs.
A screen shot is a good bet. No layers here, but with the layer dock as well.

(01-09-2022, 12:39 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Never seen that before. Can you give details of the Warp tool settings when that error occurs.

Looking at the source code (for 2.99.8 but I guess it's the same) this message is reported if neither of the stroke options ("During motion" or "Periodically") are selected and the show_message argument to the function is True.

That said I don't get the message when neither option is selected - just nothing happens. Perhaps I don't have a verbose option selected.
(01-09-2022, 05:29 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 12:39 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Never seen that before. Can you give details of the Warp tool settings when that error occurs.

Looking at the source code (for 2.99.8 but I guess it's the same) this message is reported if neither of the stroke options ("During motion" or "Periodically") are selected and the show_message argument to the function is True.

That said I don't get the message when neither option is selected - just nothing happens. Perhaps I don't have a verbose option selected.

Thanks, that fixed it. I  have used Warp on a number of occasions with no problems and have no idea how the options could have been changed. Anyway you sorted it.
(01-09-2022, 09:27 PM)wulfpete Wrote:
(01-09-2022, 05:29 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:

Thanks, that fixed it. I  have used Warp on a number of occasions with no problems and have no idea how the options could have been changed. Anyway you sorted it.

Pleased it works for you now.

I've realised that the warning message you reported appears at the bottom of the image window and I get it as well.