Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Python
It looks like you don’t have to install python support with Gimp 2.10.xx. So I’m guessing python support is bundled with the gimp binary installers. If so what gimp version was that introduced.
Quote:...So I’m guessing python support is bundled with the gimp binary installers. If so what gimp version was that introduced.

True for Windows 2.10.x Go into the Filters menu, Look for the Python-Fu entry From there open the Console and it tells you the python version 

This for my Gimp 2.10.32 (Win10 VM) 

GIMP 2.10.32 Python Console

Python 2.7.18 (default, Oct 27 2021, 07:49:35)  [GCC 11.2.0 64 bit (AMD64)]

Edit: Apologies, Not thinking, miss-understood the question Wink

From a not-so-reliable memory these days, Python was included in the Windows installer with Gimp 2.6 2.8
Prior to that Python was a separate installation. Three / then two python packages. Go back to Gimp 2.2 and it was a strange installation, Python packages, then GTK, then Gimp

This from my archive

I am sure I have earlier versions somewhere.
Thumbs Up 
I thought it was 2.8. It was awesome not to have to install it separately , made life so much easier. Whoever did that deserves a medal. 

I also thought the installer had an option to install GTK+ with the install, but i guess that was only for building your version from source. Don't thing gimp needs GTK+ installed to run Gimp. Just needs to be on your machine to build your own.