Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gimp-file-load color profile
Hi!

I'm new to the forum and scripting, and have little GIMP experience.

I am working on my first python-fu script, which opens jpg files, changes them, and saves to new jpg files.

How one would load a jpg file while preserving its original 'sRGB' color space? When I open the file through the GUI, GIMP asks me if I want to keep it or convert to 'GIMP built-in sRGB'. However, when my script loads the file with pdb.gimp_file_load(), It just converts it automatically.

I'm running GIMP 2.10 on Debian.

Thanks a lot!
AFAIK under all its names this is always the same (default) color space. So where is the impact for you?
(11-20-2022, 12:40 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: AFAIK under all its names this is always the same (default) color space. So where is the impact for you?
I guess I should have made this and my other post only one. 

If my script saves a jpg, then I change the file color space information with exiftool, will this "brake" my file? Will this make it not be displayed correctly somewhere? At least on my computer it seems to work fine.
6vfde
(11-20-2022, 12:40 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: AFAIK under all its names this is always the same (default) color space. So where is the impact for you?

If my script saves a jpg, then I change the file color space information with exiftool, will this "brake" my file? Will this make it not be displayed correctly somewhere? At least on my computer it seems to work fine.

Change the profile as in "Slap Adobe RGB profile without changing the pixels values" then yes, your image can look strange. Change the profile as in "Remove any indication of a color profile in an image that was saved with a name variant of "sRGB"" then likely not.
(11-20-2022, 07:53 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: 6vfde

Change the profile as in "Slap Adobe RGB profile without changing the pixels values" then yes, your image can look strange. Change the profile as in "Remove any indication of a color profile in an image that was saved with a name variant of "sRGB"" then likely not.

Again, thanks a lot for the help.