Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So i dont recall things like this so then Adding some vector graphical functionality
Quote: i still need that "app" folder listed in preference folders

It is there, but even if you find the org.gimp.GIMP folder it is protected and not accessable even as root.

The place for your resources is still ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/ of course same as other versions you can always add your own paths.
(11-30-2022, 06:48 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote: i still need that "app" folder listed in preference folders

It is there, but even if you find the org.gimp.GIMP folder it is protected and not accessable even as root.

The place for your resources is still ~/.var/app/org.gimp.GIMP/config/GIMP/2.10/ of course  same as other versions you can always add your own paths.

This path you have given here does not exist by default and none of the plugins are present. The folder need to be created by me. This flatpak gimp seems to run from a container and it runs from somewhere else.. because when i open this listed path from the preferences menu it gives a bunch of folders but on the drive there aren't a bunch of folders ls -A doesn't list any hidden folders there.

Will try to run again maybe i just missed the menu.

EDIT: Indeed the plugins dont show up there is no Tool or Tools menu at the bottom (unlike in my windows version but i dont have windows)
i am trying to add a new folder which seemed to work however. See if the tools menu shows up.

EDIT2: So adding this folder seemed to be successfull from inside the application can be opened and listed the files: BUT there are no privileges to read the files despite the main privileges on the files always permit read rights. I will experiment with something.. but the way gimp is setup in this flatpak seems flawed.

EDIT3: So i have found the flatpak file, there was no so called app directory that name doesnt exist but i have found the subdirectory where the app is (the other link not with the home given in preferences folders). I put there the 5 python scripts given by rich2005, and i also had to make those scripts executable. then it sort of functions but what i tryed smoothened in an unexpected way, i will experiment around with it.
I have great sympathy with you, flatpak is not perfect. I have come across the non-populated .var folder problem before. Why this happens I do not know. The best solution is make your own plugins folder, somewhere easy to access.

This a quick example of the missing plug-in folder, making a new folder and using two of the smooth path plugins. 
https://youtu.be/3EEuOHK1Zxo  two and a half minutes

You will not have the linux compiled smoothpath64 plugin, so it is attached, unzip put in the new plugins folder, make sure it is executable.

Attached Files
.zip   smooth-path64.zip (Size: 8.18 KB / Downloads: 54)
If you install GIMP flatpak for the first time ever on that machine the GIMP folders are in .var as Rich pointed out.
If you had GIMP as a "normal" package before and the .config/GIMP folder exists GIMP will use that one for a flatpak install, but in the settings it shows .var.... as a folder.
That's confusing. There was a bug report about this longer time ago.
It was promised that this behaviour will no longer occur for GIMP 3.x versions.