Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selection information window vanished!
As you select an area of an image, then a dialogue on the LHS would tell you how big your selection was.
You could then fine tune before the crop.
I've accidently pressed something and this dialogue of information is no longer showing.
How do I turn it back on?
I assume you mean the rectangle or ellipse selection, that have such indicators in the Tool options dialog. See here for instructions to restore it, and make it stick.

You can also make sure that you always get things back if you close and restart Gimp.
(12-22-2022, 06:19 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: I assume you mean the rectangle or ellipse selection, that have such indicators in the Tool options dialog. See here for instructions to restore it, and make it stick.

You can also make sure that you always get things back if you close and restart Gimp.

Many thanks for such a quick and helpful reply.
(12-22-2022, 06:40 PM)malcolm Wrote:
(12-22-2022, 06:19 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: I assume you mean the rectangle or ellipse selection, that have such indicators in the Tool options dialog. See here for instructions to restore it, and make it stick.

Many thanks for such a quick and helpful reply.

Just followed the link and, once you know how......it was easy!!