Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CMYK + INKSCAPE - color profile
That looks about correct, the bright colours become muted, as they would when printed. Using the cms option you should get colors that are in-gamut according to the icc used.

A bit of a search in my Win10 VM (no inkscape on this) The icc profiles are in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color
Thumbs Up 
(01-21-2023, 02:40 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The 'give-us-your-email-address' put me off, but not needed Wink  The zip to download is this one:

That contains the two profiles ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc  and ISOcoated_v2_eci.icc - that one the same as I used. Each about 1.83 MB

In linux, the place to put them is your home folder ~/.local/share/color/icc but for Windows I understand it uses Control panel > Color management > All Profiles > Add

For me, that puts the additional profiles top of the list. Maybe down the list in Windows. (for Gimp you can put then anywhere, and use Select color profile from disk option)

Then in Inkscape it should look like this

That little svg attached. Does it work in your Inkscape ?

wowwww 

Working properly now!

Thank you so much rich2005!!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(01-20-2023, 08:56 PM)rich2005 Wrote: I would try here https://proofing.de/topics/isocoated/

Back in Inkscape v0.4 there was an extension (plugin) to render a CMYK jpeg. Unfortunately never updated.

As far as I know Inkscape still only renders to RGB but maybe using the icc with a svg file is better for say importing into Scribus, which does export CMYK.

What is the 2021 video tutorial ?

It looks like Gimp version 2.99.14 is able to export in CMYK.

Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Hi, do we now have a method to work with CMYK colours and save them as a CMYK SVG or PDF?
(02-13-2023, 07:08 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Hi, do we now have a method to work with CMYK colours and save them as a CMYK SVG or PDF?

Nope, Gimp remains a RGB editor. You can already proof your work with a cmyk profile and also export as a cmyk file (jpeg / tiff / psd) using the CYAN plugin. The new feature just brings a little more convenience into Gimp.

Keep your eye open for Gimp 2.10.34 it is due soon and I think might have that feature (or not)

Although there is provision in the SVG 1.2 spec for cmyk it is still essentially a RGB format. That is what you get.

There are CMYK PDF's, not from Gimp though. The DTP program Scribus can make them and so can ImageMagick. For IM, you have to provide cmyk.icc profile in the path, otherwise very straight forward. AFAIK the svg is flattened to a raster during the conversion.

Code:
magick rgb-cmy.svg  -colorspace cmyk -profile cmyk.icc  out.pdf

Those two files attached, you can see the typical muted colours in the PDF

You can check a PDF with magick identify filename.ext for properties.

Attached Files
.zip   svg_and_pdf.zip (Size: 3.2 KB / Downloads: 79)