Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1. Custom toolbar possible? 2. Images often don't show up in monitor in Win... (?)
Sad 
<sigh> I was afraid of that. I really hoped there'd be a way to build a toolbar (or even better, multiple custom toolbars and not just one) and that it might just be really hidden. But I think I knew it was not to be. I've never seen any pictures in all these years where anyone had any sort of toolbar. Shame, really, as it really holds GIMP back. We had the all-over-the-place look before and got the single window interface option available after an endless, years-long wait for those of us that really need a single window and no mess ... I guess it'll be another wait of several years before we get custom toolbars when there isn't even _one_ toolbar at all! It's just so tiresome to have to click all over the place in the menu pulldowns, and having to remember where everything is. In my Paint Shop Pro, I have a couple of toolbars along the top and two down the left side and two down the right side with buttons that cover practically all actions I ever need and it's a consistent and _FAST_, immediate, single-click access to everything needed besides the palettes, layers boxes, etc., found in the main interface. Clicking through the menu is only required occasionally when one has custom toolbars <sigh>.

If _anyone_ knows any workaround to building toolbars in GIMP, though, please let me know.

--------------------------------

So now just hoping someone knows why in Windows, images in GIMP aren't visible. Again, this never has happened in Linux GIMP. Weird ...

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1. Custom toolbar possible? 2. Images often don't show up in monitor in Win... (?) - by Blaine Stuart - 01-07-2018, 07:29 AM