Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install GIMP for portable usage?
Your first screenshot(s), you seem to have lost Python for some reason - do not know why.

That second link, well just a regular Gimp profile after a first run. Closing Gimp will populate that. see the video.

The shot of the 'portable' gimp profile. That is a bit mixed up installation. I am sure you know what goes where - leave you to sort that out.

[Image: smn61zb.jpg]

Error messages: I get error messages from my regular linux Gimp 2.9.9 - It does not like the old theme I use, it does not like recently-used.xbel disabled...etc Since it is not run from a terminal I tend to ignore these until something serious occurs.

The one I get with the Windows Gimp 2.9.8 is

(gimp-2.9.exe:2920): GLib-GIO-CRITICAL **: g_content_type_is_a: assertion ‘super type != NULL’ failed

And that gets repeated over-and-over-again on opening and saving an image. Bottom line. Does Gimp work? Yes. Ignore for the moment. It is a common type of error message in all sorts of linux applications and some ported to Windows.

Everyone has their own way of doing things but in this case as I wrote earlier, keep things simple. When it is working that is the time to tuck files and folders away under long paths.

This video shows much of the above: https://youtu.be/CT3vuEBKkIY duration 5 minutes

I would consider that a working installation.

Messages In This Thread
How to install GIMP for portable usage? - by ajax - 03-04-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: How to install GIMP for portable usage? - by rich2005 - 03-08-2018, 11:54 AM