Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't drag and drop to reorder layers - fixed
(03-31-2018, 06:30 AM)gremlin1384 Wrote: In the "layers" dialog, I can't drag-and-drop layers. When I pick a layer up, the dotted line indicating where it's supposed to land never shows up. When I let up the mouse button, the layer returns where it came from. I can move layers with the buttons on the bottom of the dialog, but that doesn't allow me to move layers in or out of groups.

---
Between me starting this post and finishing it, I fixed it. I'm still going to post it because I couldn't find the solution anywhere online. Apparently, this problem has shown up due to incompatibility with a handful of programs -- the ones identified elsewhere online are Skype, Kaspersky Antivirus, Camtasia, Snagit, Camstudio, and Tuneup Utilities. I'm adding the program DisplayFusion to the list. I was quitting programs one at a time to troubleshoot, and when I exited DisplayFusion, I was suddenly able to drag and drop.

I hope this is helpful to someone somewhere along the line.

gremlin1384, can I hug you????

This has solved my problem. I Googled for a long time and couldn't find a solution. And then I came across this forum, and then I came across this post.

THANK YOU! In my case, it was because I was running Macromedia Fireworks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can't drag and drop to reorder layers - fixed - by 0ctavia - 11-21-2020, 03:01 AM