Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Option in 2.10 to Export as jpg/jpeg, png,...
(05-04-2018, 12:46 AM)SPIRITWH60 Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 08:24 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Reading your other posts as well.

Open Raster .ora is a multi-layer format that uses png compression. No png - no .ora

Your Gimp 2.10.0 installation not working.

In the past, when you used Gimp 2.8, did you install any plugins into the base C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ file structure. Some "plugin installers" do that.  When Gimp 2.10 uninstalls Gimp 2.8 these are left behind and might affect working.

Same with the 2.8 Gimp profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8\ That correctly remains but some files are copied to the new Gimp 2.10 profile.

If you want to get Gimp 2.10 running, try
1. Use the windows uninstaller to uninstall Gimp 2.10
2. If any of C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ remains delete it.
3. Disable the Gimp 2.8 profile, rename or move out to a backup folder.
4. Now install Gimp 2.10, run it to make a default Gimp 2.10 profile.

..and if it does not work, something seriously wrong with your Windows installation.

I did all that you said, Rich, and guess what? It worked! Gimp is awesome! No matter what version! I sooo appreciate the developers for all of their hard work in creating the greatest photo manipulation program! And I sooo appreciate you, Rich, for solving my problem! Thanks again! Smile
I just wanted to add to this thread that my antivirus program was what was blocking me from being able to export. I had to go into my antivirus program and give GIMP access to be able to save anything on my PC. Hope that helps anyone else who is having the same problem as me. Cheers!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gimp 2.10 Will not Export in jpeg, png, etc... - by Cubby113 - 10-18-2019, 12:25 AM