Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 2.10 on Ubuntu 18.04 Permission Issue Accessing Drive On /media
I not-so-happily spent a bit of time trying to find out why I could open a file for editing in GIMP 2.8 just fine but any time I tried to access the same file using GIMP 2.10 I got permission issues that prevented opening the same file. It turns out there is a small change in the way the file install in the Ubuntu Software Centre presents the installation info. It now includes an easy-to-ignore ‘Permissions’ button that you cannot afford to ignore if your files are on a hard drive that is mounted on your media directory. If you click on the Permissions button, 2 ON/OFF buttons are presented. The top button labeled ‘Access files in your home folder’ is set to On by default. The bottom button labeled ‘Read/write files on removable storage devices’ is set to OFF by default but must be changed to ON to access any hard drive (and presumably any other device that mounts on media) for you to get read/write access or even see the associated folders. If you have this problem, simply go back to the Ubuntu Software Centre and change the setting.

p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 115%; }

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
GIMP 2.10 on Ubuntu 18.04 Permission Issue Accessing Drive On /media - by jwvraets - 05-11-2018, 01:15 AM