Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slowness GIMP 2.10 x WINDOWS 10 64bits
Thank you, Rich2005.

I did the uninstallation of GIMP 2.8 and also removed GIMP 2.10 using RevoUninstaller.

After that, I did the registry editing procedure to re-enable the Seven photo viewer in Windows 10. This was something I wanted to do to change the photo viewer, because I really hated the version of that tool in Windows 10. My brain works faster with simple white background images and loading images got much faster after rehabbing Seven's photo viewer. Only for viewing images regardless of GIMP.

So I re-installed GIMP 2.10. And my question was motivated by the fact that, in the first attempt to re-enable Seven's photo viewer, there was a reference to GIMP 2.8 in the "value data" box. What I needed to know is if I should put some value there for GIMP 2.10.

I had already requested drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer of my computer and it had sent me links only to Windows 8. But, I made a new request and it sent me the correct links.

A friend from college times who is a networking technician has helped me choose the best graphics driver option. We used a remote access program to check the hardware configuration. Smile We did it last night and it seemed a bit faster to open images in GIMP after installing the graphics driver. I still need to use GIMP more time to observe this. I'll let you know the GIMP test from here on out, so you know if it was the problem that was or was not resolved.

Very grateful for your attention and commitment to help me with this Smile

Messages In This Thread
Slowness GIMP 2.10 x WINDOWS 10 64bits - by Maria - 05-26-2018, 09:52 PM
RE: Slowness GIMP 2.10 x WINDOWS 10 64bits - by Maria - 06-02-2018, 04:21 PM