Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a particular type of brush
I began using Krita some weeks ago, after seeing it mentioned on here, and for some time suspected I preferred it to GIMP, but then when I was unable to get a particular effect/look to my work I switched back to GIMP and now prefer it to Krita.

However, Krita does have a few brushes that GIMP doesn't and I'm trying to find out if I can get something similar.

Unfortunately I don't know what you would call them, or whether they're 'animated', but their icon is a pencil tip and they're used for creating what I think are fractals. As you draw with them, very fine fractals will branch off creating nice wispy patterns. The others just seem to be variations on this.

I browsed the GIMP brushes on deviant art and found a few Fractal Brushes packs, and the previews showed what seemed to be the exact same effect, but when I installed them and went to use them, they're simply pre-rendered stamps of a fractal pattern, rather than a free-hand brush.

This is the kind of thing, but I need the brush to be free-hand rather than pre-defined stamps as these are.

Fractal Brushes

If anyone can offer any advice or links to the sort of thing I'm looking for it would be great.

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a particular type of brush - by OurJud - 02-26-2017, 04:39 PM