Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of gamut
Quote:It's a printing service. they request sRGB. I've been researching and some say that the RGB>CMYK>back to RBG is a no-no.

I would say that is a very fair comment. I have not even heard of it before, but it will be one way of getting something into Gimp that might resemble the printed image.

Quote:Since I used a lot of saturation in editing, I'm assuming that the gamut problem is with these colors (?). If I print them as they are, will a green, say, be green but not as saturated as I see on the monitor?

Back to:
quote.. Some RGB colors that you can see on your monitor (in particular, blue, green and all bright vibrant colors) cannot be printed and/or replicated with standard CMYK inks. Keep in mind that, when creating a file for print, you should always make the original file in CMYK color mode before starting to work on it...unquote.

Unless you have a properly calibrated monitor and software to use it, Gimp 2.8 might be a little dubious there, it will be a bit of trial and error.

Some printing services (not many) will send a standard printed test image + the image file so you can compare.

Messages In This Thread
Out of gamut - by b60 - 10-10-2018, 10:33 PM
RE: Out of gamut - by rich2005 - 10-11-2018, 09:35 AM
RE: Out of gamut - by b60 - 10-11-2018, 04:28 PM
RE: Out of gamut - by rich2005 - 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM