Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush tools don't function
(11-04-2018, 09:59 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:When I click, the brush indicator stays where I clicked, nothing happens, and the indicator doesn't move no matter how much I move the mouse with the button held down.

That reads to me as a hardware issue. Is it a standard USB mouse or a laptop trackpad or something else?

A new laptop, so assuming Gimp 2.8 was not there to be replaced by Gimp 2.10  Reinstalling Gimp rarely works because the Gimp User profile C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\ is left behind. That might hold a corrupt configuration file. You could try deleting that, start Gimp to create a new default user profile. Might work.

First, I tried using the track pad mouse that comes with the laptop. When that didn't do anything, I thought maybe it was acting up, so I plugged in my USB mouse that I've had for a little while, was was working on this laptop just fine, and it still does this. And, using other non-brush-based tools work OK. All of the select tools, the path tool, reflect, rotate, etc. still work fine.

I also have another question - should the brush indicator always be a square? No matter what brush I pick, even the basic round ones, the indicator is almost like a square with no edges. Which, now that I think about it, would make it really hard to use for detailed work, now that I think about it.

Messages In This Thread
Brush tools don't function - by deloricvi - 11-04-2018, 03:15 AM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by rich2005 - 11-04-2018, 09:59 AM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by deloricvi - 11-04-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by rich2005 - 11-04-2018, 07:29 PM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by deloricvi - 11-04-2018, 10:54 PM