Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brush tools don't function
(11-04-2018, 07:29 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:When I click, the brush indicator stays where I clicked, nothing happens, and the indicator doesn't move no matter how much I move the mouse with the button held down.

This bit still has me beat, the mouse pointer not moving.

At first I thought the brush might be stuck on an empty 'clipboard brush' example https://i.imgur.com/cNkPi57.jpg. That would explain none of the paint tools working, but you said that you tried other standard brushes, so not that.

Quote:I also have another question - should the brush indicator always be a square? No matter what brush I pick, even the basic round ones, the indicator is almost like a square with no edges.

At least I can answer that one. Edit -> Preferences -> Image Windows In the Mouse Pointers section. Tick boxes for brush outline and then the Pointer mode has Tool Icon / cross hair options.

Sorry I can not help any more. Did you delete the Gimp profile as recommended?

Yes. I did when I uninstalled, and got a new installer. I Decided to install it with a new installer just because sometimes, downloads aren't perfect, and sometimes some of the files it installs don't work properly.

And, when that didn't work, I dug up an installer for GIMP 2.8, and I'm using that now. Ah well. It's what I'd been using before I got this computer, so I'll live with the previous version, I think. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The reason I made this thread was because I couldn't find the installers for 2.8 at first.

Messages In This Thread
Brush tools don't function - by deloricvi - 11-04-2018, 03:15 AM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by rich2005 - 11-04-2018, 09:59 AM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by deloricvi - 11-04-2018, 06:54 PM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by rich2005 - 11-04-2018, 07:29 PM
RE: Brush tools don't function - by deloricvi - 11-04-2018, 10:54 PM