Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp Python-fu 2.7 to launch Python 3 for editing images
(01-16-2019, 06:21 PM)audovoice Wrote: The sticking point was trying to get all the system variables for python 3 to be correct. The built in 2.7 python has modified variables. It is easy to modify these variables but it is basically impossible to reload those variables once gone.

In theory before launching python 3 I could change all those variables back to what they are for the rest of the system and then launch python 3 so it inherits those variables, or directly set them as a variable when launching python 3. But I never got it working. Tensorflow has a number of dependencies. Cuda, cudnn, numpy, windows visual c++ 2015 tools and more.

Still it is a a mere piece of code... It has inputs (environment variables or program parameters, maybe files), and I don't see what you couldn't emulate in an intermediate layer if you knew what the Python3 stuff needs.

(01-16-2019, 06:21 PM)audovoice Wrote: In the end it would have a gui with sliders like are easy to make for plugins in gimp. There are like 10 sliders and 4 or so Boolean choices but that would not take too long really.

No need for Gimp though, you can make a GUI interface in Python and create a standalone app.

Ps: See here how you can reroute the stdout/stderr of your Python process to check the output of Python errors, as well as your debugging print calls/statements.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gimp Python-fu 2.7 to launch Python 3 for editing images - by Ofnuts - 01-16-2019, 09:11 PM