Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for plug-in export-layers-to-pdf.py
(11-19-2018, 05:52 PM)rich2005 Wrote: The plug-in registry site is no more.

export-layers-to-pdf.py uses Imagemagick and the script has to be edited for it to work in Windows. The instructions are in the script. I did post it end of this thread

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-How-to...9#pid11329

However, I was still thinking Gimp 2.8 Wink because Gimp 2.10 now has the option to export layers as pages.

The only reminder is, Gimp same as ImageMagick, renders as a bitmap. Makes big size pdf's and text never looks great.

Ok. I tried it and it works great. Thank you very much for the help. Exactly why did they get rid of the plug-ins directory? How does one go about finding plug-ins then? If you haven't replied to my other reply yet, how would one go about getting a smaller size or better quality multi-page pdf. Sorry, many questions, but I'll never learn if I don't ask them.

(11-19-2018, 06:37 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 06:25 PM)ldandrew Wrote: Thank you very much. I did not know that it now had that capability. I tried looking in the online users guide, but it didn't mention anything about that. You say that it makes large pdfs, is there a better way to go about combining multiple scans into a single multi-page pdf?

If they are scans, then they will already be bitmaps, so Gimp is as good as any.

The other senario is if there is lots of (typed in) text with a graphic implanted in it. Create the graphic in Gimp but use LibreOffice or Scribus for the text add the graphic, and make the pdf. The text then remains as a 'vector'

Ok. It is scans that I am working with. I thank you for all your help. I do appreciate it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: looking for plug-in export-layers-to-pdf.py - by ldandrew - 11-19-2018, 06:46 PM