Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to change color of borders?
(03-20-2019, 02:57 AM)Ritergeek Wrote: Progress Needed, you are in the right place. I've learned a lot, but still have mountains to climb, and much of what I've learned has come from patient instruction on this forum. Now, for the selection to path and vice-versa question:

With a selection active, the row of icons at the bottom of the Paths dialog has two dimmed icons to the right of the arrows and a third active icon for converting the selection to a path.

When a path is visible with no selection, the two previously dimmed icons are active and the selection-to-path icon is dim. Click the bright red active icon to convert the path to a selection. The path will remain active and visible until you click the eye to hide it.

The reason for converting the initial selection to a path, then back to a selection is to clean up the jagged edge caused by stray color pixels. Your new selection should be crisp and clean.

In general, whatever dialog or menu you see, you'll learn a lot by holding your cursor over icons to see what they do. Following my own advice there, I looked at the Layers dialog and for the first time noticed a dimmed anchor that had never caught my attention. It anchors floating layers, like newly pasted items. Nice to know. I've been clicking the white New Layer icon to do that. Now I have options.

Keep asking questions and learning.

It worked! Thank you so much. I have been beating my head against the wall with this (and other things) for a couple of weeks now. I just opened up GIMP last month after having no clue what to do with it for several years. I can't believe how much I have learned in just a few weeks. But, I want to know more.

Messages In This Thread
How to change color of borders? - by magnuslar - 02-06-2019, 12:00 PM
RE: HOw to change color of borders? - by rich2005 - 02-06-2019, 12:49 PM
RE: HOw to change color of borders? - by Ofnuts - 02-06-2019, 04:30 PM
RE: HOw to change color of borders? - by rich2005 - 02-06-2019, 07:32 PM
RE: HOw to change color of borders? - by rich2005 - 02-07-2019, 09:57 AM
RE: How to change color of borders? - by Ofnuts - 03-17-2019, 11:53 PM
RE: How to change color of borders? - by progressneeded - 03-20-2019, 03:14 AM