Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restoring Tool Options to Toolbox
Thanks for the prompt reply. I got it working, and I know this reply is too long, so feel free to read/or-not, and erase it, since its mostly off topic.

For a variety of what I believe are very good reasons, I almost never even look at a YT-based technical solution. If you're interested...

Re: YouTube tutorials.

First, its impossible to evaluate whether or not the video-solution is even plausible without investing at least a minute, particularly if you have to watch an ad -- and in many cases, you have to watch at least half of the actual tutorial before you realize it isn't what you're looking for.

Conversely, searching the tech-support communities (stackoverflow, tech-republic, askubuntu, etc.), I can scan a dozen problem descriptive lead-fragments in under a minute and know whether any of them might help. When I pick one, I can quickly verify version releases, identify knowledgeable vs. not-so answers, and link references to 'better' or 'different' scenarios, which may be exactly what I'm looking for.

Re: the GUI paradigm you've adopted for Gimp...

Now that I get it, I like it a lot. This application has so many layers of intuitive potential, its a great credit to your stewardship that you took it on and made it work. (And I haven't even started wading into the video side of things.)

Thanks again for keeping Gimp in the lead.

Messages In This Thread
Restoring Tool Options to Toolbox - by cosmo666 - 06-23-2019, 06:02 PM
RE: Restoring Tool Options to Toolbox - by Ofnuts - 06-23-2019, 07:20 PM
RE: Restoring Tool Options to Toolbox - by cosmo666 - 06-24-2019, 05:25 AM
RE: Restoring Tool Options to Toolbox - by Ofnuts - 06-24-2019, 07:04 AM