Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copy/Paste from Inkscape into Gimp and keeping transparency?
(07-05-2019, 12:01 PM)jjenortje Wrote: Thank you so much, it worked they’re transparent. I cut and paste them to separate layers so I could move them independently.

However, I can’t transform them without them becoming blurry.  I tried to rotate one and it didn’t go so well. Did I miss something (am I transforming wrong?)
JJ

No, not transforming wrong. Once the svg is rendered by File -> Open it is a bitmap and suffers from all the usual issues with raster images. Transform any way, scale / rotate / skew and pixels are translated to new positions, anti-aliasing applied as necessary and you get some fuzziness.

Depends how keen you are. Apply the translation in Inkscape before saving as an SVG Then Gimp only has to render the paths.

One thing to note: File -> Open  will import the paths along with the image. File -> Open As layers does not import the paths. If needed right click in the paths dialogue to import paths but you might have to scale the paths, to match.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Copy/Paste from Inkscape into Gimp and keeping transparency? - by rich2005 - 07-05-2019, 12:29 PM