Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cropped Image Won't Print in Center of Page
I had this cropped image that I could not get to print in the center of a letter size 8 1/2 x 11 page no matter what settings I seemed to alter. The Image always came out printed onto the top left hand corner of the page. The printer is an HP OfficeJet 8600. In the File/Print dialogue, then in the "Image Settings" tab it looked like this:

[Image: xhEmuSE.jpg]

As you can see in the "Preview" window it shows the image centered in the middle of the page.

I finally figured out that it was the page margins that needed to be edited. When I look at the page margins they were all set to Zero like this:

[Image: TXEDT1E.jpg]

What I had to do was go to File/Page Setup and set the page margins to match the image "Position" settings in the File/Print/ Image Settings tab like this:

[Image: 5RwI4sS.jpg]

Then the image finally printed in the center of the page. I want to mention also that checking the "Ignore Page Margins" box in the File/Print Image Settings tab had no effect on centering the image before I edited the Page Margins settings in the File/Page Setup section.

The "Ignore Page Margins" box is underlined in Red:

[Image: 2mMWSJn.jpg]

It seems that this is a bug. Checking the "Ignore Page Margins" box should set the position according to the "Positions" settings dialogue regardless of what the "Page Margins" are set to for the image, cropped or not.

Messages In This Thread
Cropped Image Won't Print in Center of Page - by AceMcHammer - 07-08-2019, 10:21 PM