Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turning a portrait into a bronze bust
Hi.

I posted the same topic a year ago onto a gimp forum, but I don't remember which one. As a result of the help I received, I was able to produce what I envisioned. It turns out that I want to do it again this year for a couple more of the kids in flag football.

Somehow, I cannot locate that thread anywhere on the net. I tried for so long and yet it seems like that thread completely disappeared. I even tried logging on to all kinds of gimp forums with a couple different email addresses I may have used, and none of the sites recognize them. It's as if there was another gimp forum, and that forum is now completely wiped out.

I saved the gimp file but when I open it, it's basically just the finished product. I can't for the life of me remember what steps I took to create the finished product. I really should have copied and pasted that thread and kept it in my email for future reference.

Basically I posted a thread showing these examples:

Actual bust:
[Image: uc?export=view&id=1UOS1NsxUypRBBZr_Xcf88ltpKB3vs0INew]

A mock bust of Tom Coughlin:
[Image: uc?export=view&id=1pB5hAbVriJlaA23O-qEiLPiZ_-9kQ7tjRA]
[Image: uc?export=view&id=1VaXOpG1Y6IweGI4vnv1dmbRuxDXJQYpGpA]

This was my end result (I blanked out the kid's eyes and name due to privacy):
[Image: uc?export=view&id=1-go4VyQBOUq4862mSYmIt6izYb3DX0MzTw]

I got a lot of advice on how to do this and worked out really well. I'd love to be able to do this again.

Can anyone either help me locate that thread on the net, or provide me with some pointers on how to produce this look again?

Thanks for all the help.

Messages In This Thread
Turning a portrait into a bronze bust - by megaman - 04-17-2017, 02:28 PM