Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
union two or more layers without duplication?
Im trying to do what i said above, lol. I am new to gimp, hence why i came here. In other graphic software, i can place copies partially over another copy and do a union, where ever they are the same it just becomes one, no duplication of the top layer, and the added layer becomes part of the old added where there is nothing under it. ok

Maybe im using the wrong term union. Its been a long time sine i was in school, or on the job (B2) thank you for you help! Thank you very very much. Ive only been playing in gimp for a few days. Tried to follow some tuts, but didnt see any for this. Made some scrolls and played a little. I just need more experience, lol. i will download that file, how did you get it to load?
lol.  how hard could that be i thought!  yeah.. lol   Thank you

(08-13-2019, 07:11 PM)Human3 Wrote: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1U0VNCq...9mQdE0_j76

Thank you, heck i cant even figure out how to reply to posts here, i edited one and it vanished. lol.  Thank you, im too new to using gimp.  I have watched a couple vids and followed along, but i could not figure out the layer mask with more study, i had wondered if that was how to do it.  I can learn it.  I had also thought to make a pattern next, but i would really have thought gimps code could do the union with no duplicates between visible layers.  other software does it easily.  just using the correct button, lol.  you know.. union, join, etc  but i couldnt do it in that software because it doesnt export jpg, or ping or anything other than its files really, dfx?  hm. ok thank you for all your help. 

I thought gimp was more advanced then it is.  I understand the work arounds, and will learn them.. wondering how you put in a request for some new gimp coding.  its there for selections.... now it just needs to be for full layers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: union two or more layers without duplication? - by Human3 - 08-13-2019, 09:38 PM