Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't i no longer remove a background?
I have been removing backgrounds on gimp for a couple years..it's old hat. You open an image, apply alpha channel, use free select tool, go around image till ants march, go to select, scroll down to path/invert...back ground is GONE...but now I can't get it to remove the background anymore. I had some old images I wanted to bring the color up on. Saved them to JPG, and today I was going to remove background...but GIMP won't remove the background...."any" idea's! Thanks

Actually, I found out what is wrong. I have pictures that I used Microsoft Publisher to put a quick dark border around each one, then saved it as a jpg image. If I try to remove the image from "inside the" border, the background , including the border will be eliminated. If I try to include the border "with" the picture, "nothing' happens, the background does not get removed...anyone know why? Seems strange!! I went through microsoft publisher to apply a border, cause it is a whole lot quicker than gimp, to place a border around an object.

Messages In This Thread
Why can't i no longer remove a background? - by hammsman - 04-23-2017, 07:34 PM