Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with plugin
Photo 
Interesting! Now I understand better the beginnings of your plugins--I need some kind of template to launch from, but can use only the parts I understand more or less. If I do some more phyton coding (being also an user of calibre and sigil) I may check (someday) if notepad++ can do something of the sort.

And, as I threatened, 2 examples of what I want the plugin for.

1. In this map I have used font Almendra Display for the text, all in it's own group. The font itself renders almost transparent in Gimp (reported bug, affecting all small/fine fonts: Bernard Mode, Architect..) so  *I did a group_text2path, and stroked the result at line 1px in a new transparent layer*. Voilá!
2. As the symbols are also text, all save one taken from webdings (although all entered as Times New Roman) they both platform-dependant and subject to sudden change by windows update: so, another global conversion to path for backup.

Here, I duplicated the text layer group in 1, toggled visibility for the original, and on the copy made a group_changefont (thanks again, Ofnuts!) to 1CamBam_Stick_5: which, being a 'wire' font, renders in Gimp only as dots for o and d (the only closed paths in the whole text). Repeated *...*, made the group layer invisible, and behold!
Of course, it needs some changes: seeing the result, one would decrease letter-spacing and increase line-height, although I didn't bother...
To Do: plugin to change the whole font-style in the group in one fell swoop...  Wink

Messages In This Thread
Help with plugin - by carmen - 10-10-2019, 05:33 PM
RE: Help with plugin - by Ofnuts - 10-10-2019, 08:36 PM
RE: Help with plugin - by carmen - 10-10-2019, 10:03 PM
RE: Help with plugin - by Ofnuts - 10-11-2019, 06:22 AM
RE: Help with plugin - by carmen - 10-11-2019, 05:24 PM