Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing and anchoring a copy of a shape drawn with pencil tool
(11-06-2019, 08:04 PM)Blighty Wrote: The problem is that you have only one layer (named Background).
Ahhh... I did not realize that I need a new layer for certain types of edits/transformations.

(11-06-2019, 08:04 PM)Blighty Wrote: The steps would be:
1. Draw the wing shape with Path Tool (subject says Pencil Tool, in the text it says Path Tool?)

Yes, you're right. I actually used both Pencil and Path to make the first wing shape.

I finished my image. I wanted to use the Handle Transform along with Flipping and Moving the 2nd wing and I had to make more layers. I don't know the exact steps I used, but I built on the steps you suggested, like adding a new transparent layer and making edits and then making a duplicate of the edited layer. Thank you very much for the help.

I included the final layer. You can see that the history of the steps is very long for all added layers and edits in those layers. You can also see that the Tools dock gets into a bug after I take a screenshot of the GIMP window: the tools all disappear. I'm not worried about that, I will just save the layer and restart GIMP.

Thanks again for the help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Editing and anchoring a copy of a shape drawn with pencil tool - by Gully - 11-06-2019, 09:55 PM