Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot Read Contents of Folder error - FIXED!
(05-11-2017, 12:25 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(05-11-2017, 08:14 AM)Kevin Wrote: C:\Users\username\Documents is the default location on Windows that GIMP uses for opening and saving files.

To find out if you have this folder, you cannot use the Windows file explorer as that "helpfully" re-names it to "My Documents".

From a Windows command prompt: cd \Users\username  and run the dir command. You should see the Documents folder listed.

I suspect you have either a non-standard windows installation, or unhelpful security settings (is this a corporate PC? IAE Holdings doesn't sound like a personal installation)

Actually I suspect Gimp uses the directory pointed to by some $USERDIR environment variable (or $HOME, or whatever) because in corporate settings the user directory can be on some server to allow roaming users. The tests above are still good to clear a few things.

Very probably, as %USERPROFILE% is pointing to C:\Users\username for me.

I think that's going to change with GIMP 2.10 to using %APPDATA% or something along those lines.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot Read Contents of Folder error - FIXED! - by Kevin - 05-11-2017, 12:58 PM