Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP window expands to unviewable size
I'm using GIMP 2.10 on Slackware 14.2-current 64bit. I tried to post this to the 2.10 forum, but for some reason, I don't have the button to start a new thread on that forum. So, I'm asking here. Smile

When I start GIMP, the window fits on my screen and I can see all the tools. It's been working fine for weeks/month. Just today, when I open any of the projects I was working on, the window expands vertically to the point where I can't see the bottom of the tool options or the zoom tool. I know I can access the zoom through the View menu, but I prefer to just change from the tool at the bottom of the window. I haven't tried with each project I've been working, I'm up to 8 or 9 already, but the first 3 that I tried have had this problem.

I've quit and restarted the app several times now.

I went into the View menu and tried the Shrink Wrap and Fullscreen options to see if I could manipulate the window size, but after clicking on those, the window changes and if I click again to undo the change to the window, the window goes back to the bottom bleeding off of my screen.

I went to the desktop toolbar/taskbar and right-clicked on the window there to see if I could resize that way. I can only change the horizontal size, not the vertical size. If I used the full-screen/expand arrow in the upper right of the window, the top border of the window disappears and I can't get back to the arrow to turn off full-screen. And the bottom still doesn't show up, it's bleeding off of my screen like in all of the other sizes/positions.

The dimensions of the projects I'm working on are 2550 pixels wide x 3550 pixels tall. I had the zoom at 18% to view the whole thing and also at 100% to work on some details. 

Even when I open images and layers that I haven't edited yet, the window immediately shift to the unwieldy size.

How do I get the window to stay the same size after I open a project as it was when I first open the window?

Messages In This Thread
GIMP window expands to unviewable size - by Gully - 12-04-2019, 01:42 AM