Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brushes directories are messed up. Can I put them back to the default?
(05-20-2017, 06:55 AM)Blighty Wrote: Which brushes are messed up?
Have you made any changes to any of the above?

I think I have messed up both directories here is a shot of the default directory.

(05-20-2017, 08:14 AM)rich2005 Wrote: How long have you been using Gimp? Do you have a lot of other resources, patterns, gradients etc. that you want to keep?

This might be one of those rare instances where it is worth reinstalling Gimp, gets you from an old version to the latest 2.8.22 which is very good. see http://www.gimp.org

Just a question, have you been using some 'wonder' package that installs a multitude of files?
If so, don't.

I am using 2.8.14 according to the file directory date it was installed 2/20/15.  The main thing I do not want to loose is a script I think it is called script fu.  I use to make a background  behind text ( I think it is called a drop shadow).  When I need this feature I really need it.  I use it to put copyright and other text on fractal art.  The art sometimes has a number of colors so trying to find a text color that has high contrast with the background is impossible in many cases.  So it is necessary to give the text its own background so it can be seen. 

So it would be important to get that one back.  Also I have GIMP xcf files that would be nice if I can still use them with the new version.

I figured the issue of re-installation would come up given the age of my version.  I have been afraid to upgrade as it might break something.

I do not believe I used a wonder package to install.  I did install some stuff long ago and I did not have good instructions.  So it ended up in the default directory.  The stuff I installed more recently was done manually by me into the correct directory.  Now that I know how it works I prefer to put any brush sets in their own directory under brushes.  This makes it easy to delete a set that causes problems and  keeps it orderly so I know what brushes are with which sets (there can be differences in license and attribution).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Brushes directories are messed up. Can I put them back to the default? - by Klawdek - 05-20-2017, 02:59 PM