Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fonts not available in text Tool
(01-02-2020, 10:38 AM)rich2005 Wrote: With the best will in the world I do not think you will get far with KISS on this forum. There are linux users here but the chances of another KISS user are slim.

I'm probably the only KISS user here! But my problem is rather with the compilation, it doesn't play a role if it's another distribution.
I will try your suggestions. I have already reported the issue to the KISS community, but probably at the moment I'm the only one using it, because it's not packaged!

(01-02-2020, 11:08 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The fonts are loaded in app/text/gimpfontfactory.c.  It appears to use Pango (in other words, it will see the fonts that Pango itself reports). Perhaps there is something in the Pango package that may tell you what fonts Pango sees.

Hmm, it could be promising. So I discovered pango-list and pango-view. With pango-list all fonts are displayed, with pango-view I can display a text with a given font. It works on my system.  The next question is: is the file app/text/gimpfontfactory.c compiled and without error? I have to compile gimp again and I'll have a look. I'll report what I will see.

Messages In This Thread
Fonts not available in text Tool - by Rocket - 01-02-2020, 09:05 AM
RE: Fonts not available in text Tool - by Ofnuts - 01-02-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: Fonts not available in text Tool - by Rocket - 01-02-2020, 05:52 PM
RE: Fonts not available in text Tool - by Rocket - 01-02-2020, 10:52 PM