Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which are the files responsible for the menu on Gimp 2.6?
Hello. I am currently trying to make a Gimp 2.6.8 install to work on another Linux distros. First I copied the gimp binary file. It complained about not having a gegl lib. I copied it from my distro. It worked, nonetheless, Gimp continued to complain about other library files. I continued to copy all the necessary files until the executable Gimp file worked.

However it was seriously handicapped. I then copied the .gimp dir that was on my home/user. It may improved it in someways, but not enough. The brushes still were not working, even though they were on .gimp as far as know. Somehow I figured out that there was a /usr/share/gimp directory full of files and subdirs. Copied it to the newer Linux distro. The brushes started to work. Now Gimp was close to reach a functional state.

Despite that, there still are two issues. The first is that, since it was not properly installed, I cannot click on a image file and select it to be opened by Gimp. I tried to understand how to select a random program to open a certain file type, but at least until now, was not able to do so. However, this is a distro specific issue and so not to be treated here.

The second is that the menu (file,edit,etc) is not showing up. So I believe that there still are some configuration files that I did not copy to the newer distro. Hence, I would deeply appreciate if someone can point the files responsible for such part of Gimp. Or whatever is necessary to solve this issue. If one does not know the specific files, yet has a good idea of existing gimp config files, it copy all at once.

Thanks for reading all that.

Messages In This Thread
Which are the files responsible for the menu on Gimp 2.6? - by kromak - 01-02-2020, 04:06 PM