Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Citrix] GIMP doesn't see user's local drives
I know this may be a odd question for many of you to read.  But we use GIMP in a Citrix virtualized environment (for education).  This way, no matter the device, a user can use the applications we present to them.  Sort of like mobile lab access where ever you are.

I didn't realize when I installed it, is that when you attempt to open/save you don't get your typical 'file manager' to allow you to select "MY PC"
It does see the mapped network drives and the folders within their user profile.  But while that's ok, it's important to be able to access the user's local device (harddrive or USB) when they are in this virtual environment. So I need to see the top level "My PC"

Is anyone out there using GIMP in Citrix XenApp?  Have you found a way to add the user's local devices?
What this means is that I need to be able to give the user access to the "My PC" option you typically see on a Windows computer's File Manager.

Is there a way, maybe through Registry, to add this as a folder option for all users?

Messages In This Thread
[Citrix] GIMP doesn't see user's local drives - by Morph - 05-07-2020, 04:57 PM