Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Heal Selection' Missing from Gimp on Ubuntu 20.04
I've just updated Ubuntu from version 19.10 to 20.04, and that has updated Gimp to 2.10.18.

One of the features that I regularly use is "Heal Selection" that appears in the Filters->Enhance menu, but it's absent from Ubuntu's Gimp.

I understand that the "Heal Selection" feature uses the Resynthesizer plugin, and in Ubuntu that is included in the "gimp-plugin-registry" package, a package that contains multiple plugins, and I do have that installed. The Resynthesizer's own menu entry is present in its usual place at Filters->Map->Resynthesize, but that doesn't include the "Heal Selection" feature.

On previous versions of Ubuntu (18.10 to 19.10), the gimp-python package also needed to be manually installed to make "Heal Selection" magically appear. This package is not in Ubuntu 20.04's repository. So this seems to be the core of the problem.

Anybody know why gimp-python has disappeared? Any ideas about what's going on at all, please?

Messages In This Thread
'Heal Selection' Missing from Gimp on Ubuntu 20.04 - by Dave Rove - 05-21-2020, 06:26 PM