Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plug in bump map: Works manually, but not using a Python procedure
(09-08-2020, 05:17 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Since LinettRidge is using MacOS.
Mac version Gimp  from gimp.org  is 2.10 14 and backward compatibility was broken for bump-map.  Using Gimp 2.10.20 and backward compatibility is very much improved. Previously using Windows or linux the 'fix' was 'borrow' the old Gimp 2.8 bumpmap plugin or go back to Gimp 2.10.12 so the script / plugin would work. Probably not possible with MacOS but Partha http://www.partha.com does have a 2.10.20 Mac version.

Thank you Kevin, thank you rich2005 for your feedback.

I need to get going on my project (almost complete and all in Gimp 2.10...). It seems that the Partha version involves installing X11, and I've no idea if this could be a "sandboxed" installation...
The simplest for me is to use an old machine where I re-install Gimp 2.8 to perform this specific embossing operations, get the results as PNG files and load them as new layers in my master file.

Just wanted to give a try at building a script for Gimp 2.10 to call the GEGL function directly, as maybe it could have help others using this bump-map plug-in or also using GEGL functions requiring auxiliary layers.

Messages In This Thread
RE: plug in bump map: Works manually, but not using a Python procedure - by LinettRidge - 09-13-2020, 04:23 PM