Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resynthesize not appearing in menu
I've been using gimp for a few years, most of my prior experience was with Windows 7. I managed to install Python and several plug-ins dependent upon it,..with good results.  One of those was resynthesizer.

None of that is part of the problem now.

About a year ago I started using a live distribution of Debian called "knoppix", installed it onto a flashdrive .....really have liked it, I got the DVD version which includes a generous software bundle, with one of those items being gimp 2.10.8 .

Recently I decided to try and add a few plugins  to the gimp that I use under knoppix. So, in reading here I saw where  rich2005 had put up for download for someone else a directrory named resynth-linux containing two *.py files, and two other files named resynthesizer and resynthesizer_gui

So, I down loaded those files, found the directories specified in gimp  edit/preferences/folders/plug-ins  and made sure that the specified locations had those files copied into them.

When I started Gimp, there was no change in either of the Filters/Enhance or the Filters/Map menus

Wondering if I had Python support installed, I ran python --version and got "Python 2.7.16" and when running python3 --version I got back "Python 3.7.3"

So far  as you know, should that support the plugins that I am trying to use?

Out of curiosity, I went digging and noticed in the directory usr/lib/ were subdirectories  "python2.5", "python2.6",  python2.7", "Python3",  "Python3.7"

Out of those,the contents of "3.7" and "2.7" had many common elements, such as  sub directories with common names.....while the other "python*.*" directories  differed somewhat.  The " python3 and python2.6 directories both had subdirectories named "dist-packages"(only that one subdirectory in either),  but  the contents of each differed significantly from the other .... while the remaining "python2.5" directory had almost nothing in it. I'm guessing the oddballs contain legacy support for the generous software bundle that came along with the OS? 

I appreciate that the last 2 paragraphs might amount to nothing, but just wanted to include them out of an abundance of caution that I might otherwise be leaving out info you might have a use for in determining where I went wrong.

Suggestions?

Messages In This Thread
Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-24-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 03:38 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 04:44 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-25-2021, 10:38 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-26-2021, 04:59 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-26-2021, 10:42 PM
RE: Resynthesize not appearing in menu - by rickk - 01-27-2021, 02:49 PM